WP-IG is WordPress plugin for syncing your Instagram photos & videos to your WordPress site.
Possible Use Cases
- Browse your Instagram feed from your WordPress dashboard
- Selectively post your Instagram photo & video to your WordPress site
- Automatically post every future Instagram photos & videos to your WordPress site. You can choose post type and category you’d like to assign to the imported photos & videos
- Selectively post and embed your following’s photos & videos
- Import all your previous Instagram photos & videos
- Delete all your imported Instagram photos & videos
- Display filtered feed on post using shortcode
How To Use
Install, activate, and follow the inline setting guideline – it’s pretty self explanatory:
For more guidance:
- You need to register your own Instagram client app here.
- After registering your own Instagram client app, copy and paste
client secretof your Instagram client app to WP-IG settings screen.
- Assign post type and category – imported Instagram photo will be published using this post type and category
- Optionally, you can select to sync all your future Instagram photo
- By default, Instagram photo imported will be added as featured image. There’re lots of themes which display featured image as decoration instead of content. To handle this, you can optionally prepend the imported Instagram photo (or video!) to the content area.
Note: You can deauthorize your WordPress site to your Instagram client app at any time.
The idea of this plugin was inspired by my work I’ve done at Hijapedia. We did lots of Instagram integration and I think me and lots of people would love to do that as well. So I took what I learned from the Instagram Integration project and build WP-IG.